How do I get reimbursed for Mileage for traveling to and from my doctors appointments?

You should keep records of each time that you visit a doctor or other medical provider such as a physical therapist, chiropractor, IME doctor..etc. Note: no mileage reimbursement is paid for traveling to the Workers’ Comp Board for hearings or to a pharmacy to pick up prescriptions). You should periodically submit directly to the insurance company a list showing the date of the appointment, who you went to see, and the round-trip mileage. You should also submit copies of receipts for drugs or other medical supplies that you have paid for directly.

However, if you are a Steenberg Law firm client, all you have to do is write down the above information on a “C-257 form” and give the form to your attorney. Your attorney will submit the completed C-257 form to the insurance company for you. If you need another C-257 form, please give us a call.

Never submit your only copy to an insurance company. Always keep a copy of anything that you submit to an insurance company for payment. The Workers’ Compensation Board does provide a form to be used for filing a request for reimbursement. Visit the Worker’ Compensation forms page and scroll down to find the C-257 form.

Posted in: Workers Compensation